You recalled a dream. What do you do first?
1. Is the dream only ruminations of the mind? If so, disregard it. The mind is so convoluted with fear, selfish ambition and other false information that analysis becomes a complicated maze best approached only by veteran analysts with a lot of time.
2. If you have a "real" dream, is it from the Kingdom of God? If it is not, just forget about it and do not even mention it to others. A false dream gives some value, however. The false dream originates from darkness, from evil. It intends to deceive, corrupt and ruin. Look at the disinformation and misguidance of darkness. When you begin to see the hallmarks of fear, you will more ably reject false dreams. Further, you will more easily identify other dream workers and dream teachers who walk in deception.
3. Keep good notes. Reviewing notes stimulates recall.
4. Pray for recall, understanding, wisdom and interpretation in dreams and in all things. Natural intuition signals us when negative people and negative influences attempt to contact us. Be aware of this inner heart knowledge. Your heart IS you. It will not betray you. You do not need to train your heart. It knows how to recognize truth.
5. Is part of the dream real, and another part bogus? Remember: the devil has come to "steal, kill, and destroy". One of the ways he does this is to "tag on" a false addendum to a real dream or vision. When praying for an interpretation, if something feels wrong, one question to ask the Holy Spirit is if part of the dream is false, or if all of it is false.